Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Beautiful Spot by the River

This place that John and Lora are building their new home in is just the most beautful place in the world, or at least one of them. We spent one whole cool, sunny day working around the place, and I had time to wander around with my camera a little. The first thing I notice, each time I step out of a car at that place is the noise of the river. It's constant, and changing, and just a joy to be near. As I move along the bank, it's quiet here, rowdy there, shallow and trickling or rushing between two big rocks with a roar.

It's wonderful to think that these two people who are so dear to me will have this joyous music to accompany their lives as long as they're here. And it's even better to know that we're always welcome to come visit.

The river is different each time I wander near.
John and Jim worked together to put up the heavy beam braces for the deck, and Lora and I spent time prestaining the soffet and facia boards green.




Lora planted a lot of wildflowers around last year and they've come up beautifully. I have no idea what most of these are, but they're all just wonderful. Look at the strange red seed head! Gotta look them up yet.






I even found my own thinking spot. There's a short moss covered stump, near the tiny feeder stream that wanders around their property before emptying into the river. The tiny brook is only about a foot across at this point, but has its own little chuckling rapid as it pours over some smallish rocks. It makes a very comfy, quiet spot to stop and think about ..... stuff.

1 comment:

Economic Analyst said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.