Friday, February 23, 2007

Road Trip!



It was a great day to escape, and make a quick trip to Indianapolis. A visit to the wonderful Trader Joe's to stock up on our favorite wine and cheeses, then a visit to the Indianapolis Museum of Art.


Who knew! I had always heard about what a terrific museum it was, but had no idea it was that great! It's one of the largest general art museums in North America, and hosts over 50,000 pieces of art. The best part is how they're exhibited. Things are arranged by period, with generous descriptions and explainations for each. So on one short wall, were three paintings by Monet, Gauguin, and Van Gogh. Amazing, and showed the way they explored their subjects, and obviously discussed their work and shared their thoughts.


What a terrific day, and we had a marvelous time, and came away with our heads filled, with new understandings of art. Now I want to paint! This is one object that captured my interest for quite a while. A little salt glazed pitcher, the simple graceful ornamentation just captured me for a long time. I'm thinking that I need to put this ivy on one of my scarves.........and soon.


No comments: