Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Soooooo Cozy

I know, I know, we said we were going to travel after I retired! But it's cold out there, and with this warmth inside, and eight inches of snow out there-why go anywhere else?


There's the cozy fire, with my terrific husband doing the work of keeping it stoked and the warmth rolling off of it. A big pot of soup bubbling on top, and the teapot steaming, ready to make a cup of hot tea. Maybe we'll travel somewhere tomorrow. For now, yawn, I feel a nap coming on.

Check out this goofy character sitting right off the edge of the patio! It's our cast iron chiminea that we use in the summertime. We keep a blue ball in the top of it to keep rain out of the ashes. The snow blew onto it and makes a cap for the top and the drift around the middle makes it look like a shmoo, with a fat belly. Life is Good!

No comments: