Monday, February 15, 2010

We're Fighting Back!

It's that time of year, when we get sluggish, and slow and the creepy feel-bads come sneaking in. I started with a sore throat on Friday night, and it escalated until I had a full-blown sinus headache cold nastiness and spent all day Sunday in bed, trying to sleep it away. Of course it didn't work, and when Jim started this morning with a sore throat, I decided it was time to fight back. I made us some serious soup! It's a white bean chili with lots of garlic, onions, and jalapenos, cabbage, white beans and turkey, simmered on the wood stove all day and tonight we sat on the back porch with the stove cranked up all the way. The soup was savory, zippy and delicious. I figured if we ate the hot stuff, then soaked our whole bodies in the heat from the stove, we'd sweat these ugly colds right out of our bodies!
Right now my head feels great! Just a touch of the headache and it isn't bad at all. We'll see tomorrow how it worked. For now, at least--the soup tasted good.

No comments: